What is Lead Renovator Certification?
As of April 22, 2010 the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires anyone who performs renovation, repair, or painting activity in pre-1978 housing or child-occupied facilities including schools and daycares to be Lead Safe Certified. Individuals and companies that are not certified could face fines of up to $43,611 per day.
December 6, 2023 / 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
6051 Golden Hills Dr, Golden Valley, Minnesota, 55416
The training fee is $135.00 per student. Certification is valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
Paid contractors who work in pre-1978 housing and child-occupied facilities, including: renovation and remodeling contractors, maintenance workers in multi-family housing and rental properties, roofers, siders, painters, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, heating and air conditioning, drywall and finishing, window installation contractors; and anyone else disturbing painted or coated surfaces in these types of properties.
- 4 hours of classroom training led by EPA approved principal instructors
- Hands-on training to simulate real-world experience
- All necessary supplies and materials
- A comprehensive student manual
- A course completion certificate, each with your unique EPA identification number
- 4 hours MN CE for Residential Contractors/Remodelers